Saturday, December 24, 2016

His Presence is His Present!

The gift giving and receiving season is definitely upon us. The reason for the season often gets lost in the exchanging of gifts. As we grow older though, we begin to appreciate the presence of Christ in our life above what will be under the tree or in our personalized stocking. Now never let it be said that Lissa doesn't love presents. But as I've grown and matured in Christ I realize that tangible items break, wear out, or become obsolete very quickly while His presence in my life remains always and carries me through life even when I don't  realize He's there! I prefer His guidance and direction in life over flashy trinkets and even expensive jewels of which I've had! 

As I honestly dwell on the season and what it means I'm thankful that God sent us the ultimate present "His Special Gift" Jesus Christ!! Without Him I would be nothing!! His presence keeps  me, protects me, directs me and empowers me to be all He has called me to be!! I dread to think where I would be without the present of his presence!!
As we open gifts on Christmas Day let's not forget to bask in His presence remembering that it is the ultimate present and most importantly it costs us nothing to receive it!!


Merry Christmas and make sure you open the present of His presence first on Christmas Day!!

from
In The Thick Of Things

No comments:

Post a Comment